In an email thread
It’s common to want to convert an email thread into a meeting. GMail makes this relatively easy:
- Open your email thread and click on the three dots above the thread.
- Choose “Create event”
Then you’ll land in a meeting invitation email:
- Change the date and time to what you’ve agreed to.
Click on “Add conferencing” and then “Hangouts Meet”
- Save and you’re done!
In Google Calendar
- Navigate to your Google Calendar
- Create a new event as you usually would with time, date and guests.
- Click “Add location or conferencing”, then “Add conferencing”. Google will add Hangouts Meet as your conferencing.
- Click the down arrow to see all the conferencing details including a call in number
- Save and you’re done. When the time comes for your meeting, return to your calendar entry and click “Join”.