How Can We Help?
CiviCRM WordPress Upgrade checklist
A quick list version of the upgrading doc at CiviCRM.org with a few personal notes.
- ssh to server
- ensure everything is backed up right now, not last night. This is normally handled automatically on a daily basis by ManageWP and also by a local msqldump process.
- Disable CiviCRM logging because of DB upgrade issues. Administer->System Settings->Misc
- Disable InnoDB full text search because of DB upgrade issues. Administer->Customize Data->Search Prefs
- cd to /var/www
- visit https://civicrm.org/download in a browser and get the download links
- download civicrm-….zip (and if needed, the localisation files.tar.gz) to somewhere convenient using wget
- cd to wp-content/plugins directory of site
- mv civicrm directory to /var/www/sitename/civicrm.bak (This is to backup what we have just in case of trouble and to get the existing one out of the way for the new code.)
- unzip civicrm-….zip to plugins directory
- IF NEEDED: cd to civicrm directory and tar xvzf civicrm…_l10n.tar.gz
- cd to wp-content/uploads/civicrm/templates_c and delete everything inside templates_c
- upgrade the database by visiting /wp-admin/admin.php?page=CiviCRM&q=civicrm/upgrade&reset=1
- re-enable logging if needed
- re-enable InnoDB full text search if needed
- confirm site function
- test a contribution form
- test a mailing
- test public pages